Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Soft Gulabjamuns using Milk Powder.
You can have Soft Gulabjamuns using Milk Powder using 14 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Soft Gulabjamuns using Milk Powder
- It’s of For 10 to 12 pieces Gulabjamuns.
- Prepare 1 cup of Milk Powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of All-purpose Flour (Maida).
- You need 1 tablespoon of Ghee.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Soda.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Yogurt (Fresh Curd) or as required.
- Prepare as required of Grated almonds to garnish (optional).
- Prepare as required of Oil to deep fry.
- You need of For Sugar Syrup.
- Prepare 2 cups of Water.
- It’s 1.5 cups of Sugar.
- It’s 3-4 of cardamoms.
- Prepare as required of Few Saffron strands (optional).
- Prepare as needed of Few drops of rose water (optional).
Soft Gulabjamuns using Milk Powder instructions
- Add water sugar and 3 to 4 cardamoms into a pan. Keep on heating. Stir occasionally. (If the sugar syrup has impurities, then add 1 tbsp milk into it. Then remove the layer of scum with a spoon.).
- If available, add a few drops of rose water and a few strands of saffron while dissolving the sugar solution. This is an optional step..
- You have to make a thick sugar syrup. It's better to keep on boiling till it gets a half string consistency. On cooling it will be thicker..
- Add milk powder, all-purpose flour, baking soda in a bowl and mix well..
- Next, add ghee and yogurt (fresh curd) and mix nicely..
- Mix everything gently. Do not Knead or over mix. If it looks dry add 1 more tablespoon yogurt and then mix. Keep in mind that over mixing will result in forming extra gluten which will make the jamuns hard and then the jamun balls won't absorb the sugar syrup..
- The dough will be sticky. Apply some ghee in hand and then make small jamun balls from the dough. These will increase in size while frying and soaking in sugar syrup. So make small sized jamun balls..
- Also keep in mind the dough should be smooth. There shouldn't be any cracks. If there are cracks add 1 more tablespoons of yogurt and repeat the process..
- Heat oil in a kadhai. Oil should be medium hot. Add balls in the oil and deep fry. Balls should slowly rise to the top from the bottom of kadhai..
- Remember if the balls get browned too quickly the oil is too hot. If the balls do not rise, the oil is not hot enough. So oil should be medium hot and the balls should get brown in colour gradually, in an ideal condition. Only then the balls will be cooked properly..
- Also remember, if the balls crack while frying, add some flour (1 more teaspoon) to the dough and mix again. Balls won't crack while frying in an ideal condition..
- Gently stir and keep on turning the gulabjamun balls while frying so that they get brown in color evenly..
- When the gulab jamuns are evenly browned in colour, add them to the warm sugar syrup..
- Soak the gulabjamuns at least for one hour before serving to get the perfect softness..