Rye and Toasted Oat Sourdough Brötchen.
You can cook Rye and Toasted Oat Sourdough Brötchen using 8 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rye and Toasted Oat Sourdough Brötchen
- Prepare of rye flour.
- It’s of water.
- It’s of rye sourdough mother/starter.
- You need of rolled oats or flakes.
- Prepare of bread flour.
- Prepare of water.
- You need of honey or molasses.
- Prepare of salt.
Rye and Toasted Oat Sourdough Brötchen instructions
- Mix the rye, water and sourdough starter. Cover and let sit for about 20 hours at room temperature..
- After the 20 hours, lightly toast the oats in a dry frying pan. Be careful not to burn. Set aside in a small bowl for now..
- Except the oats, mix the remaining ingredients into the rye sourdough mixture. Mix until the dough comes together then remove to a floured surface to knead..
- Knead for at least 15-17 minutes. The dough should. Be smooth and elastic..
- Fold and knead in the oats in batches. After all oats have been incorporated, knead for 1 more minute..
- Form into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 3 hours..
- After 3 hours it should be noticeably bigger in size..
- Remove dough to a floured surface and divide into 8 equal pieces..
- Form each piece into round roll..
- Dust each roll with rye flour and cover in a baking cloth or tea towel to rise for 1 more hour..
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 230C/450F. Place a shallow pan on the bottom rack while preheating (you'll add boiling water to this later to create steam)..
- After 1 hour of rising, arrange the rolls on a baking sheet with the creases at the bottom. Pour some boiling water into the shallow pan in the oven to create steam, the immediately put in the rolls..
- Bake for 20 minutes, removing the steam pan after 10 minutes. Let cool on a rack..