Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
German Chocolate Cake.
You can cook German Chocolate Cake using 27 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of German Chocolate Cake
- You need 2 Cups of All purpose Flour.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder.
- You need 2 Cups of granulated sugar.
- You need 3 Teaspoons of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 3 Teaspoons of Baking Soda.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Instant Coffee.
- You need 2/3 Cup of Canola.
- It’s 3 of Large Eggs.
- Prepare 3/4 Cup of Full Fat Sour cream.
- Prepare 3/4 Cup of Buttermilk.
- You need 4 Teaspoons of vanilla Extract.
- It’s 2/3 Cups of Hot water.
- Prepare of Filling.
- It’s 1 Stick of Unsalted Butter.
- It’s 1 Cup of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 4 of Eggs yolks.
- Prepare 10 oz of Evaporated Milk.
- It’s 2 Teaspoon of Vanilla.
- It’s 2 Cups of Sweetend Shredded Coconut.
- You need 1 Cup of chopped Pecans.
- It’s of Chocolate Butter Cream.
- You need 4 Sticks of Unsalted Butter.
- You need 7 1/2 Cups of Confectioners Sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Heavy Cream.
- It’s 4 teaspoons of Vanilla.
German Chocolate Cake instructions
- Mix all dry cake ingredients before adding the liquids. Add the liquids and beat with blender for 3 to 4 minutes..
- Grease (3) 9" round pans and add a piece of parchment paper to the bottom. Trace the pan on the parchment paper and cut inside the line about 1/4, place in pan and oil more on top of it..
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 23 to 27 mins, time will vary. Check with toothpick or fork in center to see if done..
- While cakes are baking, Mix the filling in a bowl. Chop your pecan with a knife and mix. Add to pan and cook on medium heat for 12 to 18 minutes sturning occasionally, the mix will thinken and caramelize when done..
- Take cakes out of the oven and let cool. Remove from pans and continue to let cool seperately, you will thank your self for the parchment paper inserts now..
- Chocolate butter cream, add soften butter and liquids and mix, then add in about a cup if dry mix as you go. You may need to add a splash of milk if to think. (I MADE THIS, AND WAS ALOT, I USED ABOUT 3/4 OF IT) you can save the rest if you have left overs..
- Layer the cake, add the mix onto the cake. I used an Ice cream scope and worked okay. Grt it on think and make level forcthe next level. Repeat and place the top cake on there. Leave about 1 scope or half cup for to topping..
- After the cake cools a bit more, add the chocolate buttercream all around, you have plenty to work with. Then add the remaining mix on top, sread out and add a little more chocolate buttercream to smooth out a circle around the mix. I put the cake in the fridge for 30 minutes after final assembly to harden the buttercream. Sit back out on the counter and get ready for the best German Chocolate Cake!… Have a glass of milk ready if you into this kinda thing..