Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Beer (home brew) coffee porter.
You can have Beer (home brew) coffee porter using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beer (home brew) coffee porter
- It’s 6 1/2 lb of muntons light malt extract.
- You need 1 lb of Hugh baird carastan malt 30°L.
- You need 1 lb of Franco~belges klin coffee malt.
- You need 1/2 lb of Thomas Fawcett brown malt.
- It’s 1 1/2 oz of u.k. fuggle hop pellets (bittering).
- It’s 1/2 oz of u.k. fuggle hop pellets (flavoring).
- Prepare 1 packages of wyeast #1099XL whitbread ale yeast.
- Prepare 8 of muslin bags.
- You need 5 oz of priming sugar (for bottling).
Beer (home brew) coffee porter step by step
- a few hours be for u brew prep yeast according to packet.
- decide cracked grain into 5 of the muslin bags add to brew kettle along with 1 1/2 gal cold water heat slowly.
- steep grains in hot water (about 145°~ 160°F) to extract flavor n color DO NOT BOIL! after 30 mins remove grains n boil.
- remove from heat add malt extract. keep kettle off burner until all of the malt is dissolved.
- bring back to a boil. once boiling add first hops 1 1/2 ounce.
- after 50 mins add second hops n boil for 10 mins.
- after an hour turn off heat n cool wort after 30 mins remove hop bags.
- place 2gal cold water into sanitized fermented add cooled wort stir vigorously to aerate wort.
- make sure wort is below 80° before adding yeast. take a hydrometer reading. add yeast.
- store fermenter in 65~70° for 2 weeks.
- for more coffee flavor soak 1/4 lb coffee in 2 cups clod warter over night strain add liquid to fermenter.
- after 2 weeks sanitize bottle bucket boil sugar 1~2 mins add to bucket transfer beer stir bottle cap let sit for up to another month of longer (is drinkable after 2 weeks but let sit for better flavor).