Kesar Gulab Jamun (With homemade premix).
You can cook Kesar Gulab Jamun (With homemade premix) using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kesar Gulab Jamun (With homemade premix)
- You need of For the gulab jamun dough:.
- Prepare 100 gms of Milk powder.
- It’s 60 gms of Maida.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Milk cream (malai).
- Prepare of as required Milk for the dough.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of Thick and fresh Curd.
- It’s of For the sugar syrup.
- It’s 2 cups of Sugar.
- You need 2 cups of Water.
- It’s 1 tsp of Lemon juice.
- It’s 10 strands of Saffron.
- It’s 2 pods of Cardamom(crushed).
- It’s as needed of Pure ghee or any non smelling vegetable oil for frying.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Chopped almonds and cashews to garnish.
Kesar Gulab Jamun (With homemade premix) step by step
- First, in a deep bowl, sieve the milk powder, maida and baking soda. Mix all really well..
- Add curd, cream and 1 tablespoon milk and mix gently. Slowly start binding the dough by adding more milk as needed. Do not overmix..
- Knead a soft dough, smear with a spoonful of ghee and cover with cloth. Keep for half an hour or if it's cold outside, keep for an hour..
- Now, make the sugar syrup by adding sugar, water, cardamom and kesar and boiling it to a sticky consistency. Add lemon juice, mix and switch off flame. Cover and keep the syrup warm..
- Take the dough and gently knead it again. Take equal sized portions of the dough, roll each one into a smooth and crack-free ball. Keep all the Gulab jamuns covered with damp cloth till they are fried.
- Heat the ghee/ oil in a thick based kadhai or Wok as per choice. Do not let it smoke. Drop a small ball to see if it dips to bottom and gently floats up without getting brown. (If the ball gets brown quickly, then wait for the fat temperature to lower by switching off the flame.) Then switch on flame again once desired temperature is reached..
- Keeping the flame low, slowly place all the Gulab jamun rounds in the kadhai(at a time 4 to 5) and keep stirring them with a fork or handle of spoon so as to not let them break. Make sure they are fried from all sides..
- When the are golden brown, remove on a tissue paper for a minute to absorb the fat. After draining the fat, drop in warm sugar syrup and keep covered for 2 hours..
- After 2 hours, serve them hot or chilled garnished with chopped nuts. Enjoy the Kesar Gulab jamuns!😋👌👍.