Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
FRY FISH CASADO. JON STYLE.
You can cook FRY FISH CASADO. JON STYLE using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of FRY FISH CASADO. JON STYLE
- You need of ingredients for fish batter.
- It’s 4 of PORTIONS:.
- Prepare 4 pieces of fish cut in half length wise. I used Flounder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 tsp. of salt.
- You need of Pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 can of or bottle of very cold beer.
- Prepare of black beans ingredients.
- It’s 1 lb. of dry black beans.
- It’s 3 1/2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp. of oil.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 1 of red pepper. Diced fine.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp. of chopped cilantro.
- You need of cabbage salad ingredients.
- Prepare 2 of and ½ cups cabbage. Very thinly sliced or shredded.
- You need 1/2 of carrot. Shredded.
- Prepare 1 of tomato diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of of a lemon juice.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper to taste.
FRY FISH CASADO. JON STYLE instructions
- Season the fish with a bit of salt. Or season it to your taste. In a bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, salt and pepper together. Stir in the beer a bit at the time forming a batter. It should not be too thick or too thin. Dust the fish with a bit of cornstarch and deep it in the batter. Fry the fish until golden brown..
- Soak the beans in water the night before. Next day drain the beans and place it in a pot with 3½ cups of fresh water. Cook the beans at moderate flame for about 45 minutes or until soft. In another pot, heat up the oil and fry the onions with the garlic together. Add the red pepper and cook for 3 minutes. Add the beans with the liquid and let it cook for about 10 minutes. Add the cilantro before serving..
- In a bowl, mix the cabbage, shredded carrot, tomato, salt, pepper and lemon juice..
- PLATANO MADURO (RIPE PLANTAIN) Cut the platano maduro in half, length wise. Fry it in a pan until golden brown..
- Make rice as you like..
- CORN TORTILLAS. Heat up in a pan. It is alright to brown a bit..
- ARRANGING THE DISH Just serve the fish in a platter with platano maduro, beans, rice, cabbage salad, flour tortilla…