Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
100% Oat Bread with Sourdough.
You can have 100% Oat Bread with Sourdough using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 100% Oat Bread with Sourdough
- Prepare of [Oat Sourdough]:.
- It’s of rolled oats (or softer kind).
- It’s of sourdough starter (I used rye).
- Prepare of warm water (around 50°C/120°F).
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of [Soaked Oats]:.
- It’s of oat flakes (harder than rolled oats).
- Prepare of cold water.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of [Main Dough].
- Prepare of batch oat sourdough from above.
- Prepare of batch of soaked oats from above.
- You need of oat flakes.
- You need of [A] warm water (40°C/105°F).
- Prepare of [B] warm water (40°C/105°F).
- It’s of active dry yeast.
- Prepare of flaxseed or raisins (Optional).
- You need of [Equipment]:.
- It’s of smaller loaf pans (like for poundcake) OR 1 large loaf pan.
100% Oat Bread with Sourdough instructions
- Mix [Oat Sourdough] ingredients well in a bowl. Cover with wrap and let ripen for 12-16 hours at room temperature..
- Mix the [Soaked Oats] ingredients in a separate bowl. Cover, put in the refrigerator and let soak for at least 4 hours up to 12 hours..
- On baking day, in a large bowl, mix the finished oat sourdough, soaked oats, 300 g oat flakes and [A] 200 g warm water, and 2 g yeast. (It's too wet to knead, so I mixed with a rubber spatula). Mix for 5 minutes using a spatula or your bread mixer..
- Add [B] 100 g warm water and continue mixing for about another 5 minutes. Lastly, fold in the optional flaxseed or raisins..
- Grease your loaf pans and dust the sides with some rolled oats. If using two smaller loaf pans, divide the dough into the two pans. If using one large pan, put it all in that. Sprinkle a few oats over top if you like. Cover and let rise for about 1 hour..
- Preheat oven to 250°C/480°F and prepare a steam pan at the bottom of the oven. Pour some boiling water into this pan when you put the bread in the oven..
- Bake for 10 minutes at 250°C/480°F then remove the steam pan. Lower the temperature to 200°C/400°F and bake for another 25-35 minutes for smaller loaves OR 65-70 minutes for a big loaf (or until a wooden skewer or toothpick comes out clean)..
- Remove from the baking pans immediately and let cool on a rack. Great served with butter and jam!.