Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
You can have Brownies using 21 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brownies
- You need of For Brownies:.
- You need 1/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 8 ounces of semisweet chocolate.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 3 of eggs, lightly whisked to combine.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s of For ganche:.
- Prepare 8 ounces of semisweet or bittersweet chocolate.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of coarse salt.
- It’s of For Buttercream:.
- Prepare 1 c of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 c of butter flavored crisco.
- You need 4.5 c of confectioners sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 4 of fluid ozs(1/2c) heavy cream.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a 9 x 9-inch pan and line it with parchment paper, leaving at least 1 inch of overhang on the sides..
- In a medium heat safe bowl, combine the butter, oil, and chocolate. Place over a small pot of simmering water and heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is fully melted and combined. Let cool slightly..
- Add the sugars to the chocolate mixture and beat well to combine. Add the eggs a little at a time, mixing fully to incorporate before adding in the vanilla. Take off the heat. Add the vanilla..
- Add the flour and salt and mix to combine; beat well to ensure there are no flour pockets, but do not overmix..
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until moist, clumpy crumbs appear when you insert a toothpick into the center of the brownies, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool completely before slicing. I used a heart shape cookie cutter to make this recipe..
- For the Ganache:.
- Coarsely chop the chocolate. Coarsely chopping it helps melt it more quickly and evenly..
- Bring cream just to a boil over medium-high heat. Pour over chocolate, and add salt. Let stand for 10 minutes (don't stir doing so, will cool the ganache too quickly it will make it grainy)..
- Stir with a whisk until smooth and shiny..
- Chocolate will often settle on the bottom or sides of the bowl. Scrape the dish to make sure it is fully incorporated. (Make sure the ganache is not to hot or to cold.).
- Lay the heart shapped brownies on top of a rack with a pan underneath it to catch the ganache that drips off of the brownies..
- Pour the ganache over the brownies making sure you cover the whole brownie in ganache..
- Let the brownies sit while you make the buttercreme..
- For the buttercreme:.
- Cream shortening and room temperature unsalted butter untill it is creamy and fluffy..
- Add confectioner sugar and continue creaming till combined and it is well mixed..
- Add salt and vanilla and the whipping cream blend on low. Add a little more whipping cream if it is to thick for what u plan on using. Be careful because you dont want to add to much and it be soupy. If u add more no more than 2 ozs. A tiny bit at a time.(you will have left overs. I plan on using my left overs for a different recipe).
- Color the icing with food coloring for icing. Dont use the liquid kind. It will make your icing too liquidy..
- Then decorate as you want write things on it, use sprinkles and other edible decorations. If you have decorating tips and decorating bags use those and make borders and flowers. Also you could use caramel drizzle that on top of the hearts. You could use fruit etc..