Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sooji Gulab Jamun.
You can have Sooji Gulab Jamun using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sooji Gulab Jamun
- You need For of Gulab Jamun-.
- You need 2 cups of milk.
- It’s 1 cup of Sooji or Rava.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Kesar or saffron.
- It’s 1 tsp of green cardamom powder.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of ghee.
- You need Pinch of baking soda.
- You need as required of Oil or ghee to fry.
- You need For of Sugar syrup.
- You need 1.5 cups of Sugar.
- It’s 1.5 cups of water.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Rose water.
- It’s For of garnishing:.
- Prepare Few of chopped Pistachios.
Sooji Gulab Jamun step by step
- In a wok heat milk, add sooji or rava slowly so that there is no lump. Add Kesar or saffron and green cardamom powder. Stir and mix well and make a dough..
- Set aside and place the dough on the kitchen top. Start kneading well. Add ghee and a pinch of baking soda. This step is a very important step. The better the knead, the texture of the Gulab Jamun would be better..
- Make lemon size balls and roll in a cylindrical shape as Saoji Gulab Jamun cannot be made into round ones..
- In a wok heat oil or ghee and add the Gulab Jamuns to fry. Gulab Jamuns being heavy would stick and it’s best to shake the wok so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom. Shake just a little. Slowly the Gulab Jamuns will fry. Set aside to add into the sugar syrup. Once the Gulab Jamuns are done just lightly prick with a knife on the sides as Gulab Jamuns being made from Sooji will deflate..
- To make the sugar syrup – in a wok add sugar and water of equal quantity and on medium-high flame dissolve the sugar and make the syrup. It shouldn’t be a single string. Set aside and add Rosewater..
- When the syrup is warm but not hot add the fried Gulab Jamuns and keep it for 7-8 hours before serving otherwise the syrup wouldn’t go inside the Gulab Jamuns..
- Plate and garnish with chopped pistachios and Rose petals.