Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Milk powder gulab jamun. Gulab jamun is a classic Indian sweet made with milk solids, sugar, rose water & cardamom powder. Friends, if you liked this recipe, give it a Thumbs Up and Do Subscribe my channel. Please leave your comments and suggestion in the comments section. well, i have posted several types of gulab jamun recipe, which includes, khoya, semolina and even bread-based. but nothing can replace traditional milk powder-based jamoons. the texture, colour and the moistness you can get with milk powder is irreplaceable. basically, for a perfect and moist ball.
This gulab jamun recipe made with milk powder is a cheat's version but tastes equally good. This recipe comes handy if you don't have khoya or paneer readily available. All you need is milk powder, curd (yogurt), sugar and water to make tasty gulab jamun at home. You can cook Milk powder gulab jamun using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Milk powder gulab jamun
- It’s 3/4 cup of milk powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour/ maida.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ghee.
- Prepare as required of Milk.
- You need as required of Oil, for frying.
- You need 2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1-2 of cardamom pods.
- Prepare as required of Few strands of saffron.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
Gulab Jamun with milk powder is soft and melts in mouth Indian sweet. It is an easy and delicious dessert for parties and potlucks. Gulab jamun with milk powder tastes soft, spongy, flavorful and delicious compared to the gulab jamun made using the store bought a mix. Homemade gulab Jamun from scratch with milk powder as main ingredient.
Milk powder gulab jamun instructions
- Take the milk powder, flour and baking powder in a mixing bowl..
- Add ghee to the flour and milk powder and mix it well..
- Add milk to make a dough, do not knead the dough, just bring it together. Cover and keep for 10 mins..
- For the sugar syrup take sugar and water in a big pan and add cardamom and saffron strands..
- Boil the syrup for 5 mins or so till it’s sticky and add lemon juice and switch off the gas..
- Make small crack free balls from the dough..
- Heat oil in a wok and put the balls in it for frying..
- Fry the balls by turning on all sides till brown..
- Add the fried balls to the sugar syrup and keep them soaked for 1-2 hours..
- Serve the gulabjamuns hot or cold, as you prefer..
Simple recipe with easily available ingredients. I have tried milk powder gulab jamun many times, but somehow felt something was missing in the recipe or at times the looks will not be as good as I expect. Gulab jamuns are made by combining milk powder, flour, baking soda, ghee and milk to make a soft dough. Then these Indian donut balls are fried until golden, dipped into a warm sugar syrup infused with rose water and cardamom. Are there many versions of gulab jamuns?