Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Quick & Easy French Bread.
You can have Quick & Easy French Bread using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quick & Easy French Bread
- You need 1 Cup of Warm Water (not hot or you will kill the Yeast).
- Prepare 1 Tbs of Sugar.
- It’s 2 Tsp of Yeast.
- You need 2 1/2 Cups of Bread Flour (plus little exra if needed).
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Salt.
- You need bowl of Oil for coating the.
Quick & Easy French Bread instructions
- Put the Water, Sugar, Yeast a 1 Tbsp of the flour into a mixer Bowl and quickly mix together (about 10 seconds) Leave for about 10 mins until the surface is covered with bubbles and frothy.
- Add the remaining flour in 3 batches mixing about 2-3 mins between each batch until a nice firm ball is formed (add a little more flour if sticky) then cover the bowl and allow to stand for 15 mins.
- Sprinkle in the salt over the surface and mix again for about 1 min..
- Transfer the ball to a lightly oil bowl and turn so all is lightly covered in oil. Cover with Plastic Wrap for 45 mins to 1 hour until at least double in size..
- Pre Heat oven to 220c and Place a Heat proof dish in the bottom of the oven with about 2cm of hot water in..
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knock back then divide into 2. Shape into long Loaves and using a shape knife slash diagonally every 2 inches. Put onto a baking sheet and cover with a damp cloth for 15 mins..
- Quickly put into oven (try not to let all the steam escape) and bake for 20 – 25 mins or until the outside is a golden brown. Put onto a cooling rack and allow to cool until warm. Slice and Enjoy or Quickly reheat / toast for the perfect result..