Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Gulab jamun. Learn how to make Gulab Jamun at home with Chef Smita Deo on Get Curried. This Diwali, treat your brother with this delicious sweet specially made by you. Gulab jamun is a classic Indian sweet.
Gulab Jamun is a traditional dessert that is popular in South Asian countries such as India and Pakistan, as well as Caribbean countries such as Trinidad and Jamaica. Gulab Jamun is one of India's most popular sweet. These deep-fried dumplings/donuts made of dried milk [khoya] are dipped in a rose-cardamom flavored sugar syrup and make quite a treat. You can have Gulab jamun using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gulab jamun
- You need 250 g of mawa or khoya.
- You need 30 gr of suji.
- It’s 100 gr of maida.
- It’s 2 cups of milk powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of pure ghee.
- You need as needed of milk.
- Prepare to taste of sugar.
- It’s to taste of saffron.
- You need of pistachios for garnishing.
Gulab Jamun is the most popular Indian dessert. Gulab Jamun's are deep fried donut-like balls, soaked in sweet rose flavored syrup. They are so delicious and taste absolutely heavenly. Gulab Jamun with Khoya: Gulab Jamun literally translated to rose berries, while rose means gulab and jamun are deep purple colour berries.
Gulab jamun step by step
- For dough, add mawa, suji, maida, milk powder and ghee all together and make a soft dough using milk..
- In a pan put oil for deep frying and make sure the oil is not too hot otherwise the gulab jamuns will burn. On the other side make small balls from the dough immediately as you make the dough and start putting in the oil. Now in a low heat keep frying until they are light brown in color..
- For sugar syrup put water in a pan with equal quantity of water and sugar and add a pinch of saffron in it..
- When the balls are fried keep putting them in the sugar syrup and boil for 5 mins, they will become big in size.
- Garnish with some pistachios.
Gulab Jamun is easily the most popular and loved dessert in India. Gulab jamun is best described as an Indian version of a donut immersed in a sweet syrup. Gulab jamun recipe is especially dear to me. Gulab Jamun is a legendary Indian sweet. In this surefire recipe, the delicate, spongy and melt-in-your-mouth berry sized deep-fried milk based balls are dunked into the skillfully flavored sugar syrup.