Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Banana Bread and Butter Pudding.
You can cook Banana Bread and Butter Pudding using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Banana Bread and Butter Pudding
- Prepare 1 of french bread.
- It’s 1 of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 of bananas.
- It’s 3 of egg yolks.
- You need 870 ml of milk (or 3/4 pint).
- You need 2 tbsp of caster sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of good vanilla essence or 1 vanilla pod.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 1 of nutmeg.
Banana Bread and Butter Pudding step by step
- Grease a baking dish with butter..
- slice the french bread and butter the slices. Slice the bananas. Arrange the bread and bananas in the baking dish..
- To make the custard = Heat the milk in a sauce pan with the cinnamon stick and vanilla essence / seeds of vanilla pod. Meanwhile, in a jug, mix the egg yolks and sugar and beat well. Take the milk off the heat just as it begins to boil. Pour into the egg and sugar mix stirring well all the while. When it is mixed well, pour back into the saucepan and simmer for 4-5 mins untill it thickens slightly..
- Pour the custard over the bread and banana so level is just below the tip of the bread, keeping some back for serving later on. Sprinkle the nutmeg over the top. Bake for half hour on 175°F. Serve with remaining custard..