Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Bread Pudding Recipe + Creamy sauce.
You can cook Bread Pudding Recipe + Creamy sauce using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bread Pudding Recipe + Creamy sauce
- You need of For bread pudding.
- Prepare 15 oz of brioche bread, stale/about 4 days old.
- You need 2 of and 1/2 cups whole milk.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of For creamy sauce.
- Prepare 2 cups of whole milk, warm.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brandy/rum, optional.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
Bread Pudding Recipe + Creamy sauce step by step
- For the pudding: Grease an 8×8 baking/casserole dish with butter..
- Cut the bread into small cubes and add to the baking dish..
- In a small pot over medium heat, add in the milk, sugar, butter and salt and stir occasionally until well combined and scalded. When done, set it aside to cool slightly..
- Once cooled down, add in the vanilla and eggs, one at a time, whisking continuously to form a custard..
- Pour this custard all over the surface of the bread, try to avoid any dry spots. Set aside to soak for about 40 minutes..
- After, bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees fahrenheit on the center rack for about 40 minutes. The pudding is done when a fork inserted comes out clean..
- To make the sauce, in a small pot over medium low heat, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and cook for about a minute, don't stop whisking..
- After, add in the warm milk, a bit at a time, after add in the sugar and salt and continue whisking until the sugar dissolves and everything is well incorporated and the sauce thickens..
- Then, take it off the heat and stir in either the brandy/rum or vanilla extract, whichever is preferred..
- The sauce is ready, now pour it over the bread pudding warm.(This sauce can be made in advance and reheated on the stove.) Serve and enjoy!.