Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
You can cook Cannoli Delight using 21 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cannoli Delight
- Prepare 1 cup of maida / all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of homemade ghee.
- You need 1/2 cup of semolina.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of watermelon seeds.
- You need 4-5 of black peppercorns.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of basil/ tulsi seeds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 8-10 of almonds.
- Prepare 1 cup of mawa/ khoya.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped dates.
- You need 1 cup of dark chocolate compound.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp of grated pistachio.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of castor sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of jam.
- Prepare as per requirement of Water.
- It’s as per requirement of Salt.
- You need as per requirement of Oil.
- It’s as per requirement of Aluminium recyclable tin or cannoli rolls.
Cannoli Delight instructions
- For making the cannoli shells, mix 1 cup maida, 1/2 cup semolina, 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder, 2 tbsp powdered sugar, a pinch of salt, 1 tbsp homemade ghee and water to make a thick dough. Let it rest for about 25-30 minutes..
- For the filling, roast 2 tbsp watermelon seeds, 1 tbsp basil/ tulsi seeds, 1 tbsp fennel seeds, 8-10 almonds, and 4-5 black peppercorns till they become crunchy. Then let it cool and blend it in a mixer along with 1 cup of sugar..
- In the same pan add 1 cup of mawa/ khoya. Add 2 tbsp chopped dates. Mix well, remove all the lumps and let the mawa cook. Remove from the flame and let it cool..
- Add the blended seeds mixture to the mawa-dates mixture along with 2 tbsp of milk and mix well. Filling is ready..
- Cannoli can be made by using the cannoli rolls that are easily available in the market. Here I have used aluminium recyclable tin..
- Cut all the 4 sides of the tin to use the base. Roll the base into a roll and seal both sides using stapler..
- Take a pedha size ball from the shells mixture and roll it on a flat surface by using rolling pin. Cut into square shape by using a cutter. Prick the squares by using a fork to prevent them from getting bubbles while frying..
- Roll the square around the aluminium tin roll and seal the edges by using wheat flour and water mixture..
- Heat oil for deep frying. Put the shells in the oil for deep frying (along with the aluminium rolls). Fry on low to medium flame to prevent them from getting burnt..
- Once deep fried while they are still warm, remove the aluminium tin roll from the cannoli shell..
- Melt 1 cup dark chocolate compound in a microwave or by using double boiler method. Dip both the sides of cannoli shells in the melted chocolate compound..
- While the chocolate is still wet sprinkle grated pistachio on the chocolate. Let it set completely..
- Fill the cannoli shells with the filling. Once filled, arrange the cannolis on serving plate, and sprinkle castor sugar by using a strainer. Apply a jam dot in the center of cannoli and serve..