You can have Cannoli Pastries using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cannoli Pastries
- It’s 2 lb of ricotta cheese.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of shifted powdered sugar, plus more for garnish.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of diced candied orange peel, minced.
- It’s 1 tsp of grated lemon peel.
- Prepare 20 of unfilled cannoli shells (1/2 oz. each)**.
- You need 2 oz of semi sweet chocolate, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of Orange peel strips and fresh mint leaves for garnish.
- Prepare 1 of **Cannoli shells can be found at an Italian bakeries and delis or in the ethnic food aisles at some supermarkets. If shells are unavailable, serve filling in dessert dish with sugar wafer or other cookie..
Cannoli Pastries instructions
- Beat cheese in a large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add 1 1/2 cups powder sugar and cinnamon; beat at high speed about 3 – 4 minutes. Add feels to cheese mixture; mix well. Cover and refrigerated until ready to serve..
- To assemble, spoon cheese filling into pastry bag fitted with a large plain tip. Pipe about 1/4 cup filling into each Cannoli shell***.
- Roll Cannoli in additional powder sugar to coat. Dip ends into chopped chocolate. Garnish, if desired..
- ***Do not make up more than 2 days ahead. Shells well become soggy..