Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
skye's almost-as-good-as-bakery, crusty italian bread.
You can have skye's almost-as-good-as-bakery, crusty italian bread using 8 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of skye's almost-as-good-as-bakery, crusty italian bread
- It’s 1 cup of warm water heated to 100 degrees F.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 3 cup of bread flour.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of (1/4 oz) pkg active dry yeast.
- You need 1 of cornmeal (for sprinkling on pan).
- Prepare 1 of egg white beaten (for brushing the top of bread).
skye's almost-as-good-as-bakery, crusty italian bread instructions
- lightly spoon flour into measuring cup and level off..
- in a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, and yeast. mix well..
- add warm water and oil. mix well. at this point I let the dough rest for about 10 minutes..
- turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. knead dough 10 minutes or until soft and smooth..
- place dough in a lightly greased bowl. cover with plastic wrap and cloth towel. let rise in a warm place until doubled. usually anywhere from 40 minutes to 1 1/2 hours..
- sprinkle ungreased cookie sheet with cornmeal..
- turn out dough and punch it down. cover dough with inverted bowl and allow to rest on counter for 15 minutes..
- shape dough into baguette-shaped loaf about 12 inches long. place on cornmeal-coated cookie sheet. cover and let rise in warm place for 30 – 45 minutes ot until doubled in size..
- pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- with a very sharp knife, make 1 deep lengthwise slash down center of the top of the loaf. brush loaf with egg white..
- bake for 25 – 35 minutes or until loaf sounds hollow when tapped lightly..
- make sure to stop and enjoy the touch and feel of the dough… and smells coming from your oven and filling your kitchen from baking your own bread.
- allow loaf to cool. .. slice it up… and enjoy.