Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Santa Maria-style Tri-Tip Beef Roast. A California classic, Santa Maria style tri tip beef roast, a triangle shaped bottom sirloin cut, with a peppery, salty, garlic-y crust. A Santa Maria rub has salt, pepper, and either garlic salt. Flavorful, succulent, oven-roasted Santa Maria-style tri tip roast is a southern California barbeque Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike.
Santa Maria style tri-tip takes a tender, and mild cut of beef then coats the roast with a blast of spices on the surface for maximum flavor. Tri Tip Roast is rubbed with a smoky spice mix, briefly pan seared to caramelize the exterior, then roasted in the oven until rare and tender. It's a delicious way to prepare beef for dinner. You can cook Santa Maria-style Tri-Tip Beef Roast using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Santa Maria-style Tri-Tip Beef Roast
- It’s 2-2.5 of Lbs. Tri-tip beef roast.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of Black pepper, ground.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 1.5 tsp. of Paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Onion powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of Rosemary, dried/crushed.
- Prepare .25 tsp. of Cayenne pepper.
- It’s .33 C. of Red Wine Vinegar.
- You need .33 C. of Vegetable/cannola oil.
- You need 4 cloves of Garlic, crushed/minced.
- You need .5 tsp. of Dijon Mustard.
Though it's not known as one of the popular cuts of beef, it's this recipe that has made Tri Tip one of my favorites. Easy recipe for authentic Santa Maria Tri-tip roast that's cooked in the oven. Easily recognized by its triangular shape, this West Coast favorite is gaining broader popularity. Tri-tip is a crescent shaped muscle from the bottom sirloin just in front of the hip.
Santa Maria-style Tri-Tip Beef Roast step by step
- Utensils needed: Air-tight container for marinating beef, one cup sealable container for vinegar mixture, spoon, 1 cup liquid measuring cup, measuring spoons, large serving platter, grill/broiler pan, optional mortar & pestle/garlic press..
- In air-tight container, mix dry ingredients (Salt, Black Pepper, Garlic powder, Paprika, Onion powder, Rosemary, and Cayenne pepper) to make spice mixture..
- Place tri-tip on serving platter and completely coat all sides with spice mixture. Return to air-tight container and refrigerate for 4 hours..
- Mix Vinegar, Oil, crushed/minced Garlic, and Mustard in a covered container. Blend/shake well. Set aside for later. Shake well before using..
- After 4 hours, remove tri-tip from refrigerator and let sit uncovered/loosely covered for 30 minutes..
- Preheat grill/broiler to high heat. Lightly oil grate/broiler pan..
- Preheat grate/broiler pan. Place tri-tip on preheated surface, shake vinegar/oil mixture, then brush/bastetri tri-tip. Baste and cook for 4 minutes before turning. Repeat until desired temperature is reached. Let rest 5-10 minutes before serving. If cutting, cut across the grain of meat..
It has big beefy flavor, it A specialty of Santa Maria in California, this recipe for grilled tri-tip steak is sure to impress your Unless you have a Santa Maria style grill (I have a Hasty Bake oven that is perfect for tri-tip because. Some call it tri tip roast, others tri tip steak or Santa Maria tri tip. Either way, this grilled beef recipe with special rub is absolutely delicious. It has often also been referred to as a Santa Maria roast, from the area in California where it was first widely used. The mix of flavors in the basting liquid is.