Mushroom and Sausage Sourdough Stuffing.
You can cook Mushroom and Sausage Sourdough Stuffing using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mushroom and Sausage Sourdough Stuffing
- It’s of butter.
- It’s of olive oil.
- You need of shallots, minced.
- You need of cremini mushrooms, quartered.
- It’s of garlic, minced.
- It’s of chopped fresh rosemary.
- Prepare of chopped fresh sage.
- Prepare of italian sausage, cooked & diced.
- You need of sourdough bread, cubed (1 loaf).
- You need of chicken or vegetable broth.
- Prepare of kosher salt.
- You need of freshly ground pepper.
Mushroom and Sausage Sourdough Stuffing step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a large baking dish with nonstick spray..
- Cook the vegetables: heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and cook until they are lightly golden, 5-6 minutes more..
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Stir in the rosemary, sage & sausage; cook, tossing occasionally, until heated through, 1-2 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl..
- Prepare the stuffing: Add the bread to the bowl and toss with the mushroom mixture to combine. Gradually pour in the broth, tossing well as you pour to ensure it coats the bread mixture evenly. Season with salt and pepper..
- Pour the stuffing into the prepared baking dish and bake until the stuffing is heating through and the top is golden brown, 30-40 minutes. Let cool slightly; serve warm..