Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Apple Pie from scratch.
You can cook Apple Pie from scratch using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple Pie from scratch
- It’s of Filling.
- Prepare 2 1/2 medium of apples.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 pinch of nutmeg.
- You need 1 dash of rum.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Prepare of Pastry.
- Prepare 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 100 grams of butter.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cold water.
Apple Pie from scratch step by step
- Mix flour, butter and salt in a bowl to make the pastry dough..
- Don't over knead the dough. Cut the dough into two disks, wrap in cling film and leave to rest for least 30 min..
- Pre heat the oven..
- Peel, core and cut the apple into 1/4 – 1/2 inch thick slices..
- Add the remaining ingredients for the filling to the apples..
- Take one pastry disk and roll it to form the base. Line the pastry tin..
- Pour the filling into the tin..
- Roll the other pastry disk to form the lid and arrange over the apples. Pinch in the edges to secure..
- Cut some slits on the top, for the steam to escape..
- Bake the pie till the crust turns golden and you can see the apple filling bubble through the slits..
- Serve with cream or ice cream..