Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Vickys Cherry Pie, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Cherry Pie, GF DF EF SF NF using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Cherry Pie, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 450 g of (2 crust)GF shortcrust pastry, check my recipe linked below.
- It’s 2 of x 400g tins of pitted cherries in light syrup (14.5oz x 2).
- It’s 50 g (1/4 cup) of granulated sugar.
- You need 3 tablespoons of cornflour / cornstarch.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sunflower spread / butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of mixed spice / ground cinnamon.
- It’s of Light coconut milk to glaze.
- It’s of Extra sugar for topping.
Vickys Cherry Pie, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Roll out 2/3 of the pastry and line a deep 9" pie tin with it. Blind bake for 15 minutes then set aside to cool.
- Drain the syrup from the cherries and put it in a saucepan, keeping 1/3 of it aside – mix the cornflour into the set aside syrup.
- Add the sugar to the syrup in the pan and bring to the boil. Once boiling, stir the cornflour mix in and simmer until thickened, around 3 minutes to cook the floury taste away.
- Stir in the butter, lemon juice and mixed spice.
- Fold in the cherries. Taste the filling and make sure it's sweet enough.
- Fill the pie shell.
- Cut strips from the leftover pastry and decorate the top of the pie however you wish. Glaze with the milk then sprinkle with sugar and a dash extra cinnamon.
- Bake at gas 6 / 200C / 400F for 20 minutes or until the pastry on top is golden.
- Let cool completely before slicing or serve warm with ice cream or custard.