Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Amish Friendship Bread Snickerdoodle Cookies. This Amish Friendship Bread snickerdoodle cookie recipe is a Friendship Bread Kitchen favorite. Amish Friendship Bread Recipes, Tips and Community. Amish Friendship Bread Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies.
This Amish Bread Is Super Soft, Fluffy, And Covered In An Irresistible Cinnamon Sugar Mixture. It Can Easily Be Made Without A Starter Using Buttermilk! See and discover other items: bakery cookies, gourmet bread, cookies bakery, breads and bakery, the cookies, bread flour baking. You can cook Amish Friendship Bread Snickerdoodle Cookies using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Amish Friendship Bread Snickerdoodle Cookies
- It’s of Amish Friendship Bread starter (recipe below).
- You need of butter, softened.
- Prepare of sugar (I used coconut sugar).
- Prepare of eggs.
- Prepare of cinnamon.
- It’s of baking soda.
- Prepare of cream of tartar.
- You need of flour (I substituted 1/4 of this with white whole wheat flour).
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of sugar (for rolling).
- Prepare of cinnamon (for rolling).
Do not use any type of metal spoons or bowl for mixing. This starter made a runny cookie dough consistency for me. Amish Friendship bread is made from a sourdough starter that can be used to make many kinds of yeast baked breads. Sugar, vegetable oil and a mild cinnamon flavor is used to produce a cake that is similar to pound or coffee cake.
Amish Friendship Bread Snickerdoodle Cookies instructions
- Mix wet ingredients in bowl..
- Mix dry ingredients in smaller bowl..
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together..
- Roll dough into about 1 inch balls and roll in reserved sugar and cinnamon mixture. Place onto cookie sheet and flatten slightly with slotted spatula..
- Cook for ten minutes(soft cookie) or 1-2 minutes longer for crispy cookie at 375°F oven..
- RECIPE FOR AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD STARTER: Use prepared starter for this recipe on day ten. (Basic starter takes 10 Days to make). 1 cup sugar 1 cup flour 1 cup milk. Place into gallon size ziplock. Days 1-5 squoosh in bag once daily. "Feed" with one cup sugar, one cup flour, one cup milk on day five. Days 5-10 continue squooshing bag once daily. On day ten, add another one cup sugar, flour, sugar. Divide equally into four portions. Use one for recipe, give the other three away to friends with directions for continuing starter process, or use for other recipes. Unused starter can be frozen for later use..
Using the starter can make directions a bit confusing and the process. I was very happy to find a started recipe and now I have a question. Welcome to the Friendship Bread Kitchen! Don't have an Amish Friendship Bread starter? Making one from scratch is easy!