Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
50% Kamut Sourdough bread.
You can cook 50% Kamut Sourdough bread using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 50% Kamut Sourdough bread
- Prepare of Sponge.
- Prepare of Organic Kamut flour.
- Prepare of organic all purpose flour.
- Prepare of water.
- You need of fed sourdough starte*.
- It’s of Dough.
- Prepare of organic sugar.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of water.
- It’s of organic all purpose flour.
- You need of organic kamut flour.
50% Kamut Sourdough bread step by step
- * Fed starter: prep your starter 8 hours. put 3/4 cup starter, 3/4 all purpose flour, 3/4 water. mix well with wooden spoon and let sit at 70 degrees in plastic or glass bowl covered for 8 hours..
- take out 1 1/2 cups starter and mix with 1 1/2 cups water and 1 1/2 cups kamut flour and 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour. mix very well until sponge is evenly mixed and sticky. cover and let sit at 70 degrees for 4-5 hours. then place sponge in refrigerator for 12-16 hours. no more than that do to gluten breakdown of kamut flour..
- pull sponge from refrigerator. on top of sponge sprinkle sugar, salt, and ONLY 1 tbs water. 1/2 cup kamut and 1/2 cup all purpose. add kamut flour as needed for kneading. knead well, don't be shy. put in greased bowl for enough time for dough to double. about 2 hours. cover..
- deflate dough. shape into 4 rolls. cover rerise for about 1.5 hours. preheat oven at 425. bake 25-30 min or until deep golden brown. spray with water every 5 min..