Sourdough Spelt bread. My recipe for a healthy and delicious spelt sourdough bread. Use your sourdough starter to make this fantastic bread using ancient grains! This sourdough spelt bread has a nice taste that only spelt flour can provide.
The process of making sourdough is an amazing journey into what bread was always meant to be. Sourdough has superior taste and health benefits to all other. The inspiration for this bread comes from the King Arthur Flour Whole Grain Baking cookbook. You can have Sourdough Spelt bread using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sourdough Spelt bread
- It’s of organic stone-grounded spelt floor.
- It’s of organic white flour.
- Prepare of homemade sourdough starter.
- Prepare of grape molasses.
- You need of sea salt.
- Prepare of room temperature water (cool down from boiling water).
For people who have IBS, sourdough spelt bread can be a good replacement for normale bread. Wheat and bread made from wheat contain fructans (one of the FODMAP groups). Our Spelt Sourdough Bread is a wholesome and rustic loaf we just cannot get enough of! There's nothing quite like a freshly-baked loaf of homemade sourdough bread, right?
Sourdough Spelt bread step by step
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a big bowl..
- Stir in sourdough starter and water until desired a texture forms. The dough should not be too sticky, nor too dry. Knead your dough for 3~5 minutes.
- Flour a baking bowl/sheet before place the dough in. Cut slits on your bread to guide it to rise. Rise for anything between 4 to 12 hours based on your schedule. The longer it rises, the richer it tastes, tangier and stronger..
- Bake 30 min at 400°F in a water bath oven.
Surprisingly enough, whole spelt sourdough bread has become the family default choice and even my You have inspired me to try a sourdough spelt. Sourdough bread is a great alternative when wanting a healthier bread. If you haven't read my article on sourdough bread, you can read it here: A Healthy Bread That Is Good For You! However, due to the lack of salt in the recipe it does. Home » Artisan Bread » Sourdough Honey Spelt Bread.