Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Salted Carmel Apple Hand Pies.
You can have Salted Carmel Apple Hand Pies using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salted Carmel Apple Hand Pies
- You need of the dough.
- You need 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 cup of – 2 sticks cold unsalted butter – cut in cubes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cold sour cream.
- You need of the filling.
- Prepare 2 cup of granny smith apples ( should be chopped no larger than the size of a corn kernel. I chopped mine real fine )..
- You need 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 8 of -store bought soft carmels -roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 large of flake salt.
- Prepare 1 of egg wash ( 1 egg , 1 Tbsp. water).
- You need 1 of crystal sanding sugar.
Salted Carmel Apple Hand Pies step by step
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder. Add cubed butter to the bowl & use fingers to work the butter into the flour mixture is the constistency of wet sand.Stir in sour cream. ( the dough might be very wet) turn dough out on a well floured surface..
- Knead the dough a few times till it comes together. Add .more flour 1 teaspoon at a time only if it is to sticky. Roll the dough 8x 10 retangle . Dust with flour on both sides folding intoThirds. As folding a letter. Rotate dough 90º and roll again 8×10 folding into thirds. Wrap in plastic wrap. Chill 30 minutes..
- MAKE FILLING: In a small bowl combine Apples , lemon juice, sugar, flour, cinnamon.mix together. Set aside..
- Preheat oven to 425º. Roll dough 14"x14" square. If dough is hard . Let warm up a little.Using a 3" cookie cutter or cup. Cut as many circles as possible. Reroll dough. Keep cutting till you run out of dough. I got enough for 11 pies..
- Spoon a small amount of filling in center of each leaving a border. Top with some chopped caramels. A pinch of salt. Crimp with a fork to seal edges. Brush each pie with egg wash. With a sharp knife cut a couple vents in the top. Sprinkle with sanding sugar..
- Bake pies 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven . Allow to cool a little before serving..