Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
You can have Keto Empanadas using 10 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Keto Empanadas
- Prepare 1 of kilo Ground beef.
- You need of Onion, 1 small.
- You need of Red pepper, 1 small.
- You need of GreenOlives handful chopped (use with beef).
- You need 6 of hard boiled eggs.
- Prepare of Salt Pepper.
- You need of Olive oil.
- You need 1/3 of boiling water.
- Prepare 1 of egg raw.
- Prepare of Fathead dough.
Keto Empanadas instructions
- In large pan sautee the minced onion in the oil..
- Add minced bell pepper to the pan, sautee.
- Add ground meat, salt pepper. Brown the meat.
- Once cooked, remove from stove top. Meanwhile, heaten oven (around 200-220).
- Add finely chopped green olives and mix. Let cool..
- Mince eggs in small pieces. Mix into the ground beef..
- While the meat is cooling, cut the dough into rounds. (I use the rim of a liitle bowl). Once closed with the meat inside, these will be the empanadas..
- Place 1 or 2 tbsp of the ground meat mix in the middle of each round of dough.
- Upon closing the round (like a half moon), first dip your finger in the very hot water and trace the inside rim of the dough. This will help it seal..
- With a fork, seal the 2 rims of the dough so that the ground meat remains sealed inside. Instead of a fork you may also seal manually pressing the rims of the dough with your fingers..
- Place the rounds on parchment paper on oven pan. Makes for aroun 10 -12 empanadas/rounds per oven pan..
- Beat egg and lightly brush each empanada with the egg..
- Cook for around 15 min in hot oven. Check. Retrieve once golden on top, and cooked on bottom. Caution: fathead dough cooks faster than wheat dough..
- Tips for fillings: 1. Shredded chicken. Omit the olives and sub with diced potatoes (omit potatoes for keto) 2. Tuna instead of beef 3. Ham and cheese. 4. Sweet corn with bechamel sauce (not keto!).
- Tips: There are some doughs which you can deep fry instead of cooking in the oven (I havenot tried this with fathead dough! If you do, please let us know how it turns out ;).