Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
sunshine's apple turnovers. Homemade Apple Turnovers with a filling that tastes like Apple Pie recipe in flaky puff pastry dough. This is one of the easiest apple desserts and can even. These easy apple turnovers are made with puff pastry and a delicious apple filling.
When I took a Pastry Class at the San One delicious idea is these Apple Turnovers. Spread combined Apple , rind, Sugar and spices over one half of each slice of bread. Fold dough over apple filling and use a fork to crimp and seal edges. You can have sunshine's apple turnovers using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of sunshine's apple turnovers
- Prepare of crust.
- You need 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2/3 cup of Crisco shortening.
- You need 1/2 tsp of distilled white vinegar.
- It’s 4 1/2 tbsp of water.
- Prepare of apple filling.
- It’s 2 medium of apples (peeled and cored).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1 tbsp of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare of topping the crust.
- It’s 1 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 of egg beated.
Repeat the process to use up all Place turnovers onto prepared baking sheet and brush the tops with egg wash and sprinkle with. Apple turnovers are easy to make! The biggest decision one needs to make is how to do the pastry The inside of these apple turnovers include apples, of course, but also dried currants, walnuts. NOTES : Turnovers can be made in squares or circles of any size and filled with any fruit alone or in combination, savory as well as sweet.
sunshine's apple turnovers step by step
- sift the flour and salt into a large bowl, cut the shortening into the flour mixture until pieces are the size of a small pea crumbles.
- combine the vinegar and water in a separate bowl, now add the liquid mixture into the flour one tablespoon at a time, until the flour mixture is moist, and the dough is ready to be put on plastic wrap..
- dont over work the dough, you want it kinda crumbly but sticking together, cover the dough with the plastic wrap, place in refrigerator for 30 minutes..
- now ready for your apples,in a bowl slice your apples thinly, add the lemon juice toss the apples well ,add your ginger , brown sugar and cinnamon, tossing to mix in with the apples.
- when dough is ready, roll out your dough on a light floured surface, roll the dough as thin as u can get it, I divided the dough into two balls, easier to roll out, now get a small bowl and cut out dough,.
- now let make the trun overs, spray your cookie sheet pan with cooking spray. place the dough on the baking pan, add sliced apples, on one side of dough, flip the dough to seal, useing a fork to seal around the edges..
- brush with egg on top of the dough, sprinkle white sugar on top..
- bake for 17 minutes till golden brown on 425°F,.
- you may add a little brown sugar in with the apple before sealing,.
Apple turnovers are an all-American favorite—who doesn't love the combination of gooey filling enclosed in delicate, buttery pastry? Many people find homemade puff pastry to be an intimidating. Brush tops of frozen turnovers with apple juice, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and arrange on baking sheets. (If reserved apple juice is no longer available, use commercial juice or water.) An easy recipe for caramel apple turnovers. These flaky turnovers are so easy to make. Simply stuff with homemade cinnamon apple filling and generously top with caramel sauce.