Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Acorn Squash Biscuit Bites.
You can cook Acorn Squash Biscuit Bites using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Acorn Squash Biscuit Bites
- Prepare 2 of biscuits.
- You need 6 slices of acorn squash ( apple-like slices for pie).
- Prepare 1/4 C of yellow onion; julienne.
- It’s 1/2 clove of garlic; minced.
- It’s 1 pinch of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 of dollop sour cream.
- Prepare 2 t of fresh chives; minced.
- Prepare 1 pinch of kosher salt & black pepper.
- It’s 3 T of butter.
Acorn Squash Biscuit Bites instructions
- Heat 2 T butter in a small cast iron or non-stick saute pan. Add acorn squash and onions with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add more butter or oil during the cooking process if extra fat is needed or to control smoke point..
- Turn over squash when caramelized. When squash is nearly caramelized on both sides, add garlic and cook until fragrant for about 30 seconds. Remove from heat..
- Press biscuit dough together to form one piece of dough. Flatten to look like a rectangle or a big circle..
- Lay acorn squash mixture horizontally along the middle of the biscuit. Fold biscuit over to create a pocket. Seal edges well. With a paring knife, make an air vent atop the left and right sides of the top of the biscuit..
- Brush remaining 1 T butter across the biscuit. Bake at 375° for approximately 12 minutes or until biscuit is browned & crispy..
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream with chives..
- Variations; Allspice, apple, walnut, macadamia, slivered almonds, toasted pine nuts, clove, nutmeg, mace, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, dried apricots, plum, fig, tamarind, shallots, parsely, creme fraiche, dates, dijon, tarragon, anise, capers, yogurt, orange, currants, golden raisins, cardamom, espresso powder, turmeric, vinegar, wine, bourbon, thyme, paprika,.