Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Newspaper shape baklava.
You can have Newspaper shape baklava using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Newspaper shape baklava
- Prepare of Filo pastry.
- Prepare 300 g of unsalted butter, melted.
- It’s 400 g of walnuts, finely chopped.
- Prepare 400 g of almonds, finely chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of cinnamon powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of nutmeg powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of clove powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s of Recipe for the syrup.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of honey.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of water.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of rose water or orange blossom.
Newspaper shape baklava step by step
- Preheat the oven to 150C. For sugar syrup,add water, honey, lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon powder in a pot. Boil it for about 15-20 minutes until thicker the sugar.. Once its ready, let it cool..
- Add cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, clove and sugar to the chopped nuts and mix together, and set aside. Lay one sheet of filo pastry on working table and brush with melted butter. Then, pinch the filo pastry lengthwise) as you see in the images). Spread chopped nuts on the filo pastry and fold it (as you see in the image)..
- Grease the baking tray and Place rolled pastry in the baking tray. Cut it into small square shapes. Brush with melted butter. Put the tray in the preheated oven and allow to bake for about 40- 45 minutes..
- Once baklava is ready, Pour chilled sugar syrup over warm baklava and some nuts for topping. Let baklava set in sugar syrup for 5-6 hours and serve it..