Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
You can cook Apple Pie using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Apple Pie
- You need 2 cup of wondra.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2/3 cup of shortening.
- It’s 2 tbsp of shortening.
- Prepare 8 tbsp of water, cold (put in fridge until very cold).
- It’s 5 of tart apples, pared, cored, and thinly sliced (6 cups).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare dash of nutmeg.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter, cut in small pieces.
- It’s dash of salt.
- It’s dash of milk.
Apple Pie instructions
- For crust: mix wondra and 1tsp salt.
- Cut in shortening thoroughly and finely.
- Sprinkle water gradually over mixture, 1tbsp at a time, tossing lightly with a fork after each addition.
- Stir with fork until flour particles are moistened; dough may look crumbly at this stage.
- Form two equal sized balls.
- Flatten on lightly floured surface, rolling from center to edge until plate sized.
- For filling: preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine sugar, flour, spices, and salt; mix with apples by pouring them back and forth between two bowls until syrupy.
- Fill 9-inch pie pan with pastry and fill with apples; dot with butter.
- Put on top crust, cut slits, and seal edges.
- Brush with milk (do NOT over do it) and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 50 minutes or until done; put foil around edges 25 minutes in.