Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Nessa's Apple Pie.
You can cook Nessa's Apple Pie using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Nessa's Apple Pie
- It’s 4 of Pie Crust.
- It’s 5 large of Apples of your choice – peeled, cored, and diced.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 6 dash of cinnamon sugar.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- It’s of Topping.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Cold Butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 6 dash of Cinnamon sugar.
- It’s of Glaze.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 2 cup of Powered sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Nessa's Apple Pie step by step
- Made with fresh apples and topped with a sweet vanilla glaze. Adjust an oven rack to the lowest position and Preheat oven to 500ºF.
- Place diced apples in a large mixing bowl | Add vanilla & lemon juice and toss to coat | In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon sugar | Pour flour mixture over apples and toss until evenly coated.
- Roll first pie crust dough into a 13×9" rectangle on a lightly floured surface | Transfer dough into the bottom of an ungreased 13×9" baking dish by placing a rolling pin in the center of the dough, folding one side up over the pin, then folding the other side on top | Lift the rolling pin over the baking dish and unfold both sides into the dish.
- Carefully dump apples over the crust and spread them evenly around the edge of the crust | Cut stick of butter in tabs and lay evenly over apples | Roll out the 2nd pie crust dough in the same manner about ½" larger on each side | Transfer dough over apples and tuck/roll sides of dough down/around into the baking dish, sealing the apples inside the crust | Use a Fork to crimp down the edges l Poke fork for vent holes in the top of the pie crust..
- In a small bowl, warm the milk in microwave for 45 sec and brush over top of the pie | Topping: Combine the sugars in another small bowl add cold butter use fork to crumble togther, sprinkle evenly over pie and then sprinkle cinnamon sugar over entire pie..
- Carefully place the pie in the oven then reduce the temperature to 425°F. Bake at this temperature until the top crust is golden brown. This should take 20-25 minutes. (I like to set a timer for 20 minutes and check at that point.)Once the top is golden brown, rotate the baking sheet, and turn the temperature down to 375°F. Bake another 30-35 minutes, until the top crust is a deep golden brown. Remove the pie from the oven and allow it to cool 1 hour before putting the glaze on..
- Glaze: Thank you Fenway! 🙂 https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/356666-the-best-vanilla-icingglaze.
- Cut into squares and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Bon Appétit :).