Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sourdough Whole Wheat Crackers.
You can have Sourdough Whole Wheat Crackers using 6 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sourdough Whole Wheat Crackers
- Prepare of "discarded" sourdough starter.
- You need of butter.
- It’s of whole wheat flour or spelt flour.
- It’s of sea salt.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- You need of coarse salt for sprinkling.
Sourdough Whole Wheat Crackers step by step
- a large bowl, combine the sourdough and the butter and mix thoroughly.
- Mix the salt in with ¼ cup flour and add to the sourdough mixture..
- Knead it all together in the bowl, adding as much flour as necessary to make a stiff dough..
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap or put a lid on the bowl to prevent it from drying out.Leave the dough at room temperature for at least seven hours.
- Seven or more hours later, preheat the oven to 350°F Fahrenheit.
- Take a small portion of the dough (about ¼ cup) and roll it out on a Silpat or other nonstick baking mat using a rolling pin, until it is very thin..
- Pour a little bit of olive oil on the rolled out dough and spread it to the edges of the dough with a pastry brush or your hand..
- Sprinkle liberally with coarse salt..
- Cut the dough vertically and horizontally into quadrangles with a pizza cutter..
- Transfer the Silpat onto your baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until just golden brown..
- Repeat in batches.The crackers shrink a little bit in the oven, so when you pull out your baking sheet, they will already be separated..
- This dough freezes well and you can easily defrost one or two batches at a time so that you can have fresh crackers every day!.
- Experiment with seasonings as you wish. Besides coarse sea salt I tried garlic powder and herbs De province. You can go as wild as you like. Enjoy!!!.