Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Apple pie. An apple pie is a pie in which the principal filling ingredient is apple, originated in England. It is often served with whipped cream, ice cream ("apple pie à la mode"), or cheddar cheese. It is generally double-crusted, with pastry both above and below the filling; the upper crust may be solid or latticed.
Make a dessert as American as apple pie by serving up, well, the patriotic pie itself. Whether you go for the classic two-crust version or one with a unique twist to surprise your guests, it's hard to beat the. The Best Apple Pie Recipes on Yummly You can have Apple pie using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple pie
- Prepare of pastry.
- It’s 500 grams of plain flour.
- Prepare 250 grams of butter.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 180 grams of caster sugar.
- You need of filling.
- It’s 150 grams of caster sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 kg of granny smith apples.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 of handfull of raspberries.
- You need 1 of few shots of apple juice.
- It’s of baking.
- You need 20 grams of caster sugar.
- Prepare 1 of egg whites.
Apple Pie Smoothie Bowl, Apple Pie, Classic Apple Pie. Apples are simply layered in the pie pan, with each layer sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. Then they are topped with a crust and dabs of butter. And in less than an hour, this classic pie bakes to perfection.
Apple pie instructions
- MAKING THE PASTRY Rub the cubed butter into the flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir through the sugar and beaten egg. Knead gently and briefly just until the whole thing forms a soft dough ball – don’t overwork or else the pastry will be tough when cooked. Wrap the dough in Clingfilm and chill in the fridge for at least an hour to relax. Roll the relaxed dough on a lightly floured surface to the thickness of 1cm. Lay over a tart case and gently press into the edges, trim off any excessive pastry then chill again for 15 minutes as you preheat an oven to 190°C..
- MAKING THE FILLING Peel and cut the apples into thick slices, chucking them into a bowl. Throw the sugar, cinnamon and raspberries in with the apple and toss together with a good squeeze of apple juice. Tip the apple mixture into the chilled tart shell..
- THE TOPPING Brush the top of the sides of the tart shell. Roll another circle of dough that is slightly bigger than the tart case and drape it over the apples. Make a lattice if you prefer. Trim the lid to fit the tart, then pinch the lid into the brushed sides of the tart shell with fingers or a fork. Poke a few slits into the middle of the lid to allow steam to escape the pie. Brush the egg white over the pie lid then sprinkle with caster sugar..
- BAKING AND FINISHINGPlace the pie in the oven for 50 minutes..
Apple pies are a quintessential part of autumn traditions. Check out Food Network's best recipes for the American classic. Apple pie is a classic fall dessert that will never go out of style. The moment the leaves start to change, we start dreaming of apple pie. Break out your inner Ina with these perfect-for-fall recipes.