Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Apple Pie with Almond Frangipane.
You can cook Apple Pie with Almond Frangipane using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Apple Pie with Almond Frangipane
- You need of Pastry Dough.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 3/4 stick of unsalted butter.
- It’s of Almond Frangipane.
- It’s 8 oz of slivered almonds.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of orange zest.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/4 stick of unsalted butter.
- It’s of Apple Topping.
- You need 5 of sliced apples.
Apple Pie with Almond Frangipane step by step
- Mix flour and salt..
- Add butter and cold water to the dough mixture until dough clumps are pea-sized. Place the dough in a refrigerator to chill..
- Prepare sliced apples. Add citrus to keep the apples from oxidizing..
- Turn the pastry dough until it forms a ball then roll it out onto a tart or pie pan. Return to chill in the refrigerator..
- Heat the oven to 375°F..
- Mix almonds, sugar, orange zest, leftover 1/4 stick of butter, and vanilla extract then blend with eggs..
- Pour the frangipane filling onto the pastry crust. Wedge the Apple slices into the filling..
- Placed over a metal tray, bake the pie for approximately 1 1/2 hours or until the pastry dough puffs and the apples turn golden brown. Allow the pie to cool for 30 minutes before serving..
- Before step 7, bake the crust for 15 minutes prior to adding fillings for a crisper crust..