Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cinnamon Apple Pie.
You can cook Cinnamon Apple Pie using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Apple Pie
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of All-Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of Cold Lard.
- It’s 6 tbsp of Cold Water (add 2 more tables if needed).
- Prepare of FILLING.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ground Cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 9 cup of Thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 9 medium).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Bourbon, (optional).
- It’s 2 tbsp of All-purpose flour.
- You need 1 dash of Salt.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Cold, butter, cubed.
- You need of Topping.
- You need 1 tbsp of 2% milk.
- You need 2 tsp of Course sugar.
Cinnamon Apple Pie step by step
- In a large bowl, mix flour and salt; cut in lard until crumbly. Gradually add milk, tossing with fork until dough holds together when pressed. Divided dough in half. Shape each into a disk;wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or over night..
- For filling; in a large bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon, and ginger. Add apples and toss to coat; let stand for 1 hour to allow apples to release juices. Stirring occasionally..
- Drain apples, reserving syrup. Place syrup and, if desired, Bourbon in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmered uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly and turn a medium Amber color; Remove from heat; and cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 400". Toss drained apples with flour and salt. On a lightly floured surface, roll 1/2 of dough to a 1/8-in thick circle; transfer to a 10-in cast-iron or other deep ovenproof skillet. Trim pastry even with rim. Add Apple mixture. Pour cooled syrup over top; dot with butter..
- Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in thick circle. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Brush milk over pastry; sprinkle with course sugar. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven setting to 350". Bake 45-55 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on wire rack..