Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Steph's Fantastic Dutch Apple Pie.
You can cook Steph's Fantastic Dutch Apple Pie using 11 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Steph's Fantastic Dutch Apple Pie
- Prepare 1 of Frozen Pie crust (deep dish 9").
- It’s of FILLING.
- You need 6 of large Granny Smith Apples (5 if apples are extra large- pictured).
- It’s 3/4 Cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon.
- It’s Dash of salt.
- It’s of CRUMB TOPPING.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of butter.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of firmly packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 Cup of flour.
Steph's Fantastic Dutch Apple Pie instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F.
- Peel, core and slice apples..
- As you cut the apples put them in a big bowel of water (to prevent browning).
- Add other filling ingredients directly to freezer bag.
- Drain apples in colander. Add them to the plastic bag with filler ingredients. And shake bag till apples are coated..
- In a separate bowl, cut together all the crumb topping ingredients (if you don't have a pastry cutter, you can use 2 butter knives in a cross slicing motion).
- Cut butter and topping together until pea-sized.
- Put the pie shell on a cookie sheet.
- Flip the bag of Apple filling into the pie shell. It will be overflowing with apples (your going to have to pile them in the center and make a mound).
- pull plastic bag off, keeping the apples from falling- don't worry they will cook drown.
- Then press the topping onto the pile of apples (easiest way is to grab a hand full and press it on) making sure all the apples are covered. It's going to make a mess and fall off, you'll have to wipe the topping off the cookie sheet and add it back to the pie. (Wipe cookie sheet with paper towel when done – keeps butter from burning in the pan).
- Put the cookie sheet and the pie into the oven. (Don't just pick up the pie. It's so full you will loose apples if you do).
- Bake on 425 for 40 minutes.
- Cover pie with tin foil (doesn't have to be sealed to pie just place it on top) and bake another 10 min – stops the topping from over cooking.
- Put a butter knife into the pie, if you feel the apples are still uncooked, cover and cook in 5 minute intervals till done..
- Serve warm with real whip cream! (Or al la mode).