Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Apple Pie Filling.
You can cook Apple Pie Filling using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Apple Pie Filling
- It’s of Sauté.
- Prepare 5 of apples.
- You need 1 oz of butter.
- Prepare 3 oz of sugar.
- It’s of Seasonings.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare of Slurry.
- Prepare 2 oz of cold water.
- It’s 3/4 oz of cornstarch.
- Prepare of Add without Heat.
- It’s 3 1/2 oz of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 oz of butter.
Apple Pie Filling step by step
- Set oven to 425F..
- Peel and cut apples to desired size. *I cut the apples into 1/4s, and then cut out the core. Then cut the 1/4s in half, and the halves into 1/3s..
- Sauté the apples in the 1 oz of butter until slightly softened..
- Add the 3 oz of sugar, and allow to simmer until about a 1/4" of the apple pieces are translucent..
- Once simmering, add the salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and lemon juice..
- Mix together the cold water and cornstarch, and add this slurry to the apples once cooked to preference..
- Remove from heat, and add the 3.5 oz sugar and 0.25 oz butter. Stir until dissolved. **If the pie filling is still a little too thick, add small increments of butter until desired consistency..
- Allow to cool before filling your pie crust..
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes. *** Tip: wrap edges of crust in aluminum foil to avoid burning. Remove last 15 minutes of baking..