Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Café-style Tomato Curry.
You can cook Café-style Tomato Curry using 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Café-style Tomato Curry
- It’s 70 of to 100 grams Commercial curry roux (your usual favorite).
- It’s 1 of Meat or seafood of your choice.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic.
- You need 1/2 can of Canned tomatoes (diced preferred).
- It’s 1 of Extra virgin olive oil (or vegetable oil).
- You need 1 of A. Salt.
- Prepare 1 of A. Pepper.
- You need 1 of B. Garam masala.
- It’s 1 of B. Cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Instant coffee.
Café-style Tomato Curry instructions
- Make caramelized onions following. You can make time consuming caramelized onions in just 15 minutes without fail. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143607-oil-free-easy-and-timesaving-caramelized-onions.
- I normally use caramelized onions that I've made a big batch of and stocked in the freezer. If making your own caramelized onions is too much work, use about 80 g of premade caramelized onions..
- Chop the garlic finely. Cut up the meat or seafood of your choice into easy to eat pieces. I used 200 g of ground beef this time..
- Put the extra virgin olive oil and chopped garlic into a cold pan or frying pan. Cook over low heat to bring out the fragrance of the garlic..
- When the Step 4 pan starts smelling like garlic, add the meat or seafood and the A. flavoring ingredients, and sauté..
- If you are using ground beef or mixed ground beef and pork, add the B. ingredients when you sauté the meat. This brings out their fragrance more. I add more spices at the end too..
- When the meat or seafood is cooked, add the canned tomatoes liquid and all. Add the A. ingredients. Simmer over medium heat while crushing the tomatoes..
- Add the amount of water indicated on the curry roux box and the caramelized onions from Step 1..
- Turn the heat up to high to bring the sauce to a boil, then turn the heat down to about low-medium. Simmer in the way you would simmer regular curry. * Skim off the scum occasionally..
- After simmering the sauce, add the curry roux and instant coffee granules. Simmer for an additional 5 to 10 minutes over low heat..
- Add some of the B. spices to the pan to taste. Mix and turn off the heat. The tomato curry is done. It's best eaten the next day..
- I add quite a bit of the B. spices. These spices and the caramelized onions are important!!!.
- Serve on a plate ladled over rice ^^ I sprinkle on some parsley. The sourness of tomato curry is quite addictive..
- The amount of curry roux to use will depend on your taste, but if you're serving the curry right away I recommend using more; if you're having it the next day, use 70 g..