Sourdough Akkawi Manoushe.
You can have Sourdough Akkawi Manoushe using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sourdough Akkawi Manoushe
- You need of For the dough:.
- You need 150 g of Active sourdough starter.
- Prepare 250 g of Good quality white flour.
- It’s 125 ml of Water.
- Prepare of Big pinch of salt.
- You need of For the topping:.
- You need of Akkawi cheese.
- It’s 1 tbs of nigella seeds.
- It’s of Equipment:.
- Prepare of Pizza stone.
Sourdough Akkawi Manoushe step by step
- Grate the Akkawi cheese into a bowl and cover with water. This will draw out some of the salt..
- Gather your dough ingredients..
- Make a well in the flour. Add the sourdough starter and incorporate..
- Incorporate the water bit by bit until you have a rough dough..
- Put some tunes on and set a timer for 15 minutes. The dough will be sticky at first but with time it will come away from the table. A great opportunity for some mindfulness – Be in the moment..
- After 15 minutes the dough should be smooth and soft. It should not stick to the back of your hand, if it does incorporate a little more flour. Put in a lightly floured bowl, cover and rest for a minimum of 10 minutes but ideally 30. Put your oven up to max and have a pizza stone in..
- Divide the dough into 3 even balls and shape out with your hands or a rolling pin. Make sure you have some flour down so they don’t stick..
- Take a pice of prepared dough and put on the pizza stone in the oven for 1 minute. Repeat for the others. This will Pre-Bake the base. I find this A) makes you life easier once toppings are added I.e it does not stick to the table and B) Gives you a crispier base.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and some nigella seeds (These bad boys add a wonderful flavour).
- Bake for 10 minutes each and enjoy!.