Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
DUTCH APPLE PIE – Deep Dish.
You can cook DUTCH APPLE PIE – Deep Dish using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of DUTCH APPLE PIE – Deep Dish
- You need 8-10 of medium apples.
- It’s of In Pie: 1 Cup sugar.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of flour.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare of On top pie: 3/4 cup sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of butter.
DUTCH APPLE PIE – Deep Dish step by step
- Use full pie crust recipe for 2 crusts, but roll it into 1 unbaked crust. (Using an oversized pie pan).
- Peel, core, and slice apples by hand or use mechanical peeler..
- Place apples in unbaked crust making sure edges are filled and apples mound in the middle..
- Dribble lemon juice over apples..
- Combine 1 Cup sugar 4 tablespoons flour and 2 teaspoons cinnamon in a bowl..
- Combine 3/4 sugar, 3/4 cup flour, and 3/4 cup butter in a bowl..
- Pour mixed bowl of ingredients with cinnamon in it evenly over apples in the pie..
- Cut up 2nd bowl of ingredients with the butter with a knife or pastry cutter..
- Then evenly spoon 2nd bowl of ingredients with the butter on top of pie making sure edges are covered..
- Place pie in middle of brown paper bag. Preheat oven to 450 degrees..
- Fasten opening of bag down by folding or stapling and place in 450 degree oven and bake for 1 hour..
- Remove pie from oven with oven mitts and cut bag from around the pie..