You can have Sauerkraut Soup using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sauerkraut Soup
- It’s 1 lb of bacon, chopped.
- You need 1 of med onion.
- It’s 3 cups of carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 4 stalks of celery, chopped.
- It’s 8 oz of Yukon Gold Potatoes, chopped.
- You need 2 TBSP of minced garlic.
- You need 8 links of Amylu’s Paleo Andouille sausages, chopped.
- It’s 2 TBSP of salt.
- It’s 2 TBSP of pepper.
- You need 1 TSP of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 TSP of Rosemary.
- It’s 4 cups of sauerkraut, rinsed.
- It’s 12 cups of chicken broth.
Sauerkraut Soup step by step
- Chop bacon and fry; remove from grease. Drain all but 2 TBSP bacon grease. Add onions and carrots to bacon grease and sauté till onions are translucent. Add bacon, carrots and onions, minced garlic, chopped potatoes, and celery to crockpot. Sauté chopped sausages until browned and add to crockpot. Add 2 cups of chicken broth to pan and bring to low boil (deglaze), then add to crockpot. Add the rest of the chicken broth, rinsed sauerkraut, and seasonings to crockpot..
- Set crockpot to low heat and cook for 4-6 hours. If you’re in a hurry, you can speed things up by sautéing your celery and potatoes as well. Then bring all the ingredients to a boil in a stock pot..