Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Hazelnut Latte Trifles.
You can cook Hazelnut Latte Trifles using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hazelnut Latte Trifles
- You need of Custard Cream:.
- You need 200 ml of ＊ Milk.
- It’s 25 grams of ＊ Granulated sugar.
- You need 2 of ＊ Egg yolks.
- You need 5 grams of ＊ Cake flour.
- Prepare 10 grams of ＊ Unsalted butter.
- You need 30 grams of Whole skinned hazelnuts.
- It’s 50 grams of Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 200 ml of Heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/2 of of a sheet cake Sponge cake (storebought is fine).
- You need 2 tsp of Instant coffee powder.
- Prepare 1 of Coffee liqueur.
Hazelnut Latte Trifles instructions
- Make the custard cream. Mix the granulated sugar amount marked with an ＊ and the egg yolk very well. Add the cake flour and mix it in well too..
- Warm up the milk until it's bubbling lightly, and add it to the Step 1 mix. Stir quickly..
- Pour the mixture back into the pan through a strainer. Cook over high heat while mixing continously with a spatula. When it starts to bubble, lower the heat to medium, and keep mixing without pausing..
- When the custard is cooked through thoroughly, add the butter. Transfer the custard to a shallow tray, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and cool over a bowl of ice water..
- Chop up the hazelnuts roughly..
- Put 50 g of granulated sugar in a pan, and cook over medium heat until the sugar melts. When it has completely melted and has started to color, add the hazelnuts..
- Keep cooking over medium heat while coating the hazelnuts with the sugar. When it all turns a caramel color, take the pan off the heat and spread out onto a baking sheet while it's still hot. Leave to cool..
- When the hazelnuts have cooled and the caramel has hardened, put it all into a thick plastic bag, and bash it lightly with a rolling pin..
- Cut the sponge cake into 2 1cm thick slices, and cut them out with the glasses you'll be using. Soak them in coffee liqueur (use as much as you like)..
- Whip the heavy cream until it forms soft peaks, and divide into 3 portions..
- Divide the custard cream into 2 portions. Mix 2 tablespoons of the caramelized hazelnuts into one portion with 1/3 of the whipped cream..
- Add the instant coffee and 1/3 of the whipped cream to the other half and mix..
- Layer the Step 9, 11 and 12 mixture in any order you like in the glasses. End with a layer of whipped cream, which is reminiscent of the foamy milk on lattes..
- Top with the remaining caramelized hazelnuts..