Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Mocha Swiss Roll Cake For Father's Day (Easy with Pancake Mix).
You can have Mocha Swiss Roll Cake For Father's Day (Easy with Pancake Mix) using 10 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mocha Swiss Roll Cake For Father's Day (Easy with Pancake Mix)
- You need of Sponge Cake.
- Prepare 60 grams of Pancake mix.
- Prepare 4 of Eggs.
- Prepare 50 grams of Granulated sugar (caster sugar).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Instant coffee.
- You need 2 tbsp of Water.
- It’s of Cream:.
- Prepare 200 ml of Heavy cream.
- You need 30 grams of Granulated sugar (caster sugar).
- It’s 1/2 stick of or more Vanilla beans (or essence).
Mocha Swiss Roll Cake For Father's Day (Easy with Pancake Mix) instructions
- Since there are not a lot of steps, preheat the oven to 200°C beforehand. Prepare the baking tray by lining with parchment paper and dust with flour (or you can use a sieve)..
- Boil water and add to the instant coffee. Stir well to dissolve..
- For this step, use a clean, dry bowl and a hand mixer. Add the egg and sugar to the bowl and heat it over a double boiler for 10 minutes while beating until it turns a white-ish color..
- When the mixture becomes thick enough that it forms a thick ribbon when you lift the hand mixer, beat for 1 more minute. Lower the speed to low and gently mix to even out the mixture..
- Add the pancake mix into Step 4 in a few batches, and mix after each addition. Add Step 2 and combine by scooping up from the bottom. It should be fine if you scoop about 50 times..
- -If you don't mix it enough or mix it too roughly, it will become a dense batter. As seen in the photo, the goal is to mix it until there is a glaze. Scoop it up from the bottom uniformly..
- Once completely mixed, pour into the baking tray and use a scraper to flatten out the surface. Tap the tray against the counter several times to get rid of the larger air pockets. Place in the preheated oven..
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and check to see if it's done by inserting a skewer. If batter sticks to the skewer, bake it for a few more minutes..
- Once baked, cover with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out and let it cool. If you want to make a roll cake that does not have the browned surface, cover the browned surface with plastic wrap..
- Add the granulated sugar to the heavy cream. Cut the vanilla bean in half and remove the beans. Add to the cream and whip. (You can also use vanilla essence.).
- If you are rolling the cake into a swirl pattern, whip the cream until fairly stiff peaks form. If you are rolling the cake in an O shape, beat the cream until stiff peaks form. If you're using cream that is high in butterfat, it will whip up quickly, so pay attention..
- You can either roll the cake with the browned side on the outside or inside. If you want to remove the browned surface, gently peel off the plastic wrap and it should come off together. Angle the wrapping edge of the cake..
- Place parchment paper under the spongecake and spread the cake with the cream. Place more cream on the half of the cake nearest you. Roll the cake. (Here is where you will add any fruit, etc.).
- Once rolled, let it sit for a while to fix the shape and cool. Cut off the ends and it's done. Once cooled, use a warmed knife to slice it neatly..
- Decorate it however you want..
- Basic Milk Swiss Roll Cake with Pancake Mix..
- Easy Strawberry Shortcake with Pancake Mix..
- Easy Paris-Brest with Pancake Mix.
- Easy Chocolate Cake with Pancake Mix.
- Easy Chocolate Swiss Roll Cake with Pancake Mix.