Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
100% Spelt Apple Pie.
You can cook 100% Spelt Apple Pie using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 100% Spelt Apple Pie
- Prepare 2 1/4 cups of organic spelt flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of steamed Asian sweet potato.
- It’s 4 1/2 Tsp of Irish butter.
- Prepare 3 of medium sweet variety apples, cubed.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon power.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ginger power.
- You need 1/4 tsp of nutmeg powder.
- You need 1 Tsp of potato starch.
100% Spelt Apple Pie step by step
- Pick seasonal apples from a nearby apple orchid if available..
- Mix spelt flour with cold butter cubes quickly by a scraper and hands. Add cold mashed sweet potato in the end and mix well..
- Devide the dough into 2 balls, one for the bottom and the other for the top layer. Roll out into two round pieces to fit a 9 inch pie pan. Arrange the bottom piece into the pan and chill it in a fridge for 20 minutes before baking at 350F for 20 minutes. The top layer shall be chilled on a baking paper in the fridge until it's time..
- Once the bottom layer is baking. Cut up apples into half inch cubes. Cook them in a sauce pan with 1/4 cup of water. Add spices and brown sugar. Cook until apples are soft, about 10 minutes. Dissolve starch in 1/8 cup of water and slowly add into the sauce pan to thicken up the juice..
- Transfer apples to the pie pan. Careful roll out the top layer. Score some slashes to release the steam. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes. Serve warm or room temperature..