Basic sourdough bread.
You can have Basic sourdough bread using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Basic sourdough bread
- It’s of sourdough starter.
- You need of bread flour.
- You need of water.
- It’s of salt.
Basic sourdough bread step by step
- Mix starter, flour, water together until it barely comes together..
- Wait 20 minutes while the flour hydrates..
- Add salt, stretch and fold several times..
- In 10+ minute intervals, continue to stretch and fold until the dough is smooth..
- Let it rise for 1-2 hours, then form it into whatever shape you like..
- Let it rise again, preheat oven and enamel dutch oven to 500°F..
- Place dough on a sheet of parchment, and into the dutch oven. Score the surface with a razor blade, cover, and throw it into the oven..
- After about 15 minutes, lower the oven temperature to 400°F. Bake until internal temperature reaches at least 180°F, then remove and cool for at least one hour..