Apple Pie Slab something or other.
You can cook Apple Pie Slab something or other using 15 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apple Pie Slab something or other
- It’s of Filling.
- You need 10 cups of granny smith apples, peeled & sliced.
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar; if you like it sweeter, add 1/2 cup more.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- You need of Pie Crust.
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 12 tablespoons of cubed butter.
- It’s 6-8 tablespoons of ice water.
- Prepare of Crumble Topping.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of cubed butter.
- Prepare 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
- You need of Greased 9x13in. baking pan.
Apple Pie Slab something or other instructions
- Crust: In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, & salt.
- Work 4 tablespoons of butter into the dry mixture, with a fork til it resembles corn meal.
- Add the rest of the butter in & mix.
- Pour in 6 tablespoons of water to start & try to knead the dough together.
- Dump out mixture onto a floured surface & continue kneading, just until combined.
- Form dough into a disc, cover in plastic wrap & refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Now's a good time to preheat your oven to 425°.
- Apple Filling: Wash, peel & thinly slice apples.
- In another large bowl, toss in apples, sugar & cinnamon to mix together, then set aside.
- Crumb Topping: in a medium bowl whisk together the flour & brown sugar.
- Work 4 tablespoons butter into flour mixture with a fork until it resembles corn meal.
- Assembly: Roll out pie dough into a 10×14 rectangle.
- Transfer into your buttered cake pan making sure there's no air pockets underneath or holes in the dough; I used a nonstick 9x13in. pan.
- Place your apple mixture into the crust & distribute them evenly.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping over the apples evenly.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until juices have slightly thickened & are bubbly.
- Let set for 2 hours at room temperature or overnight in the fridge.