Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Gulab jamun. Learn how to make Gulab Jamun at home with Chef Smita Deo on Get Curried. This Diwali, treat your brother with this delicious sweet specially made by you. Gulab jamun is a classic Indian sweet.
Gulab Jamun is a traditional dessert that is popular in South Asian countries such as India and Pakistan, as well as Caribbean countries such as Trinidad and Jamaica. Gulab Jamun is one of India's most popular sweet. These deep-fried dumplings/donuts made of dried milk [khoya] are dipped in a rose-cardamom flavored sugar syrup and make quite a treat. You can have Gulab jamun using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gulab jamun
- It’s 1/2 cup (60 grams) of maida / plain flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of ghee.
- Prepare 2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cardamom powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of saffron.
- Prepare 3-4 drops of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of rose water.
Gulab Jamun is the most popular Indian dessert. Gulab Jamun's are deep fried donut-like balls, soaked in sweet rose flavored syrup. They are so delicious and taste absolutely heavenly. Gulab Jamun with Khoya: Gulab Jamun literally translated to rose berries, while rose means gulab and jamun are deep purple colour berries.
Gulab jamun instructions
- Firstly, in a large bowl take milk powder, maida and baking powder. mix well, homemade gulab jamun mix is ready. now add ghee and mix well making the flour moist. further, add milk as required start to combine. combine well forming a soft dough. do not knead the dough. cover and rest for 10 minutes. meanwhile, prepare the sugar syrup by taking sugar, water, cardamom and saffron..
- Further, add milk as required start to combine. combine well forming a soft dough. do not knead the dough. cover and rest for 10 minutes. meanwhile, prepare the sugar syrup by taking sugar, water cardamom and add saffron..
- Mix well and boil for 5 minutes or until the sugar syrup turns sticky. do not attain any string consistency. turn off the flame and add lemon juice and rose water. lemon juice is added to prevent sugar syrup from crystallizing..
- Cover and keep the sugar syrup aside. after 10 minutes or resting the dough, start to prepare small ball sized jamuns. make sure there are no cracks in the jamun. if there are cracks then there are high chances for jamuns to break while frying..
- Deep fry in medium hot oil or ghee. frying in ghee gives good flavour to jamuns. stir continuously and fry on low flame. fry until the jamuns turn golden brown. drain off and transfer the jamun into a hot sugar syrup..
- Cover and rest for 2 hours or until jamuns absorb the sugar syrup and doubles in size. finally serve..
Gulab Jamun is easily the most popular and loved dessert in India. Gulab jamun is best described as an Indian version of a donut immersed in a sweet syrup. Gulab jamun recipe is especially dear to me. Gulab Jamun is a legendary Indian sweet. In this surefire recipe, the delicate, spongy and melt-in-your-mouth berry sized deep-fried milk based balls are dunked into the skillfully flavored sugar syrup.