Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sourdough from starter.
You can cook Sourdough from starter using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sourdough from starter
- It’s 460 grams of starter.
- Prepare 400 grams of all purpose flour.
- It’s 350 grams of water (room temp).
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of kosher salt.
Sourdough from starter step by step
- 1st thing feed your starter the night before and leave it out at room temp to activate.
- Get all your stuff measured and together..
- First step is to mix the flour starter and water together. Not the salt yet.
- Rest in a greased bowl covered with a damp towel or plastic wrap, about an hour..
- Turn out in floured surface and knead until its firm enough to roll out flat. Then fold like a letter and in half then return to bowl to proof for another hour or so..
- After it doubles in size, turn out in lightly floured aurface and split in to two pieces. Don't knead it just split and firm into two loaves line 2 bowls with cheesecloth you rub in flour. Seam side up. Rest about 30 mins. Just long enough to puff up a bit..
- Flip out into a pan put some slices in the top in and put in a preheated oven at 450 with a cast iron that is also preheated. Put half a cup of water in the cast iron be careful of steam. Cook until dark brown crust about 30-45 min. Let cool completely it is part of cooking process..
- Yum yum eat bread..