Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Amish Friendship Bread & Starter.
You can have Amish Friendship Bread & Starter using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Amish Friendship Bread & Starter
- It’s of starter:.
- It’s 1 of package(2 1/4 TSP) Active Dry Yeast.
- It’s 1/4 cup of warm water (110°F).
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of milk (non-fat is okay).
- It’s of feedings(2):.
- Prepare 2 cups of granulated sugar, divided.
- Prepare 2 cups of all-purpose flour, divided.
- Prepare 2 cup of milk, divided (non-fat is okay).
- It’s of for the bread:.
- Prepare 1 of & 1/4 TSP baking powder.
- You need 1 TSP of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 TSP of salt.
- It’s 2 TSP of cinnamon, divided.
- It’s 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of Starter.
- You need 2/3 cup of oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of & 4 TSP sugar(4 tsp is for cinnamon topping).
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 TSP of vanilla extract.
- You need of Optional: 1 cup of chocolate chips(or any other chip) or chopped nuts.
Amish Friendship Bread & Starter step by step
- DAY 1: 1. Make the starter: Stir yeast into warm water. Allow mix to sit for 10 minutes to fully "bloom" 2. Whisk sugar & flour in a 2 qt container. Whisk in milk, and be sure to stir the corners well, so the flour doesn't clump and get stuck to the bottom. 3. Stir yeast mixture into the flour mixture. Cover container & store on your counter..
- Days 2-4 : stir the mixture once per day.
- Day 5: 1. Feed the mixture: Stir in 1 cup of each:; sugar, flour & milk into the starter. (To make this part easier, I just separated my sugar & flour in sandwich bags for both feedings & measured my milk as needed) Cover loosely & store back on the counter..
- Days 6-9: stir the mixture once per day.
- Day 10: LAST FEEDING DAY 1. Feed the mixture: Stir 1 cup of each (sugar, flour & milk into starter). Cover loosely & store on the counter. 2. Remove 1 cup of the starter for yourself for the Amish friendship bread recipe. Then remove the remaining 3 cups to give to 3 friends with the recipe attached (or you can freeze the remaining starter in a sealed Ziploc bags for future use).
- FRIENDSHIP BREAD RECIPE: I took a screenshot of the recipe instructions, it wouldn't let me save the typed information..
- I garnished my Bread with a quick chocolate ganache, as well as adding butterscotch & chocolate chips to my batter. Soo yummy!!! 😋.
- Also, a quick tip, so you don't lose track of your days : get an index card, tape it to your container & write the date you 1st prepared the starter & then list all the days after that: for example, I began my Starter on April 22nd, so this is how I did it: Day 1: 4/22/16 Days 2-4: 4/23-4/25 Stir Mixture once per day Day 5: 4/26 (Feed mixture one cup of each Flour, Sugar & Milk) And so on… That's how I was able to keep up with my dates, I know it's easy to lose track of the days, so I hope this helps…