Perfect Baklava tartlets.
You can cook Perfect Baklava tartlets using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Perfect Baklava tartlets
- Prepare 1 packet of filo pastry.
- Prepare 1,5 cup of walnuts.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of almonds.
- It’s 1/3 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of clove powder.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of butter, melted.
- You need of for the syrup.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of honey.
- It’s 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 3 of cloves.
Perfect Baklava tartlets instructions
- Pre heat the oven at 180ºC. Prepare the syrup by adding all the ingredients in a small saucepan and bringing it to the boil. Once it reaches boiling point, boil for exactly 3 more minutes and remove from the heat. Let it cool..
- In a food processor, add the nuts, sugar, cinnamon powder and clove powder and blitz to chop the nuts some finely and some not so much. In a separate bowl, keep 3 tbsp behind for decoration..
- Cut every filo sheet (apart from two) in squares. Each filo sheet will produce 6 squares. From the two filo sheets you left behind cut 24 circles using a round cutter or even a class..
- Brush the squares with butter and place two in each muffin space. Add two tbsp of nuts in each tartlet..
- Place the filo circles on top of the nuts and add one more tbsp of nuts. Repeat by placing the remaining of the filo circles, closing each tartlet..
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Once they are out of the oven, drizzle some of the syrup in each muffin case and let them cool. Sprinkle the remaining of nuts on top for decoration..